Joseph F. Murphy, Ph.D.
Dr. Murphy is a registered Patent Attorney and practices all aspects of patent prosecution, including patent reissue and reexamination proceedings. Dr. Murphy’s practice also includes international patent prosecution, and opinion work, including validity, invalidity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions, and preparation of Paragraph IV Notice Letters for ANDA filings. He is experienced in diversified technologies, especially in the biotechnological, chemical, and pharmaceutical arts. Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Murphy worked for 6 years in the United States Patent and Trademark Office as a Patent Examiner in the field of biotechnology.
Awards & Recognition
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2010-2013
- Medical Device
Related Representative Matters
- Represented a leading multinational life sciences company in freedom-to-operate clearance searches and licensing opportunity identification
- Represented a generic pharmaceutical company in an Inter Partes Reexamination proceeding which invalidated all the claims of the patent at issue
- Represented a generic pharmaceutical company in an Ex Parte Reexamination proceeding in which the claim at issue was found invalid by the Patent Office
- Obtained patents on a novel gene and the encoded protein that have antimicrobial activity against the bacteria which causes anthrax disease
- Obtained patents for a method of diagnosing and treating Alzheimer’s disease
- Obtained patents directed to detection of HIV
- Obtained patents an improved diagnostic test for interstitial cystitis
- Obtained patent directed to peptides which will raise an immune response against tumor antigens
- CR @ 2019 BIO International Convention
- Caesar Rivise @ #BIO2019
- New USPTO Eligibility Guidance: Does Your Claimed Invention Have A Practical Application?
- CR Attorneys Presenting at New Jersey Law Journal CLE Seminar
- A “Buck Rogers” Partially Completed Screenplay Adaptation Is Not Sufficient Basis for a Declaratory Judgment Action