Allison R. White
With a background in chemistry, biology, and the creative arts, Allison White is a registered patent attorney who handles patent matters in the biological, chemical, and medical fields as well as matters relating to copyrights and trademarks. She engages in both prosecution and litigation practice.
Prior to joining Caesar Rivise, Ms. White conducted clinical research focusing on drug interaction-dependent toxicities. She has also received extensive training in the writing discipline and has been published in numerous legal and creative writing publications.
A 2020 graduate of Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law, Ms. White received her undergraduate degree in Nonfiction Writing with minors in Chemistry and Political Science at the University of Pittsburgh. At the University of Pittsburgh, she was inducted into the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society for the Sciences and Liberal Arts. While at Villanova, Ms. White served as an executive board member of both the Villanova Environmental Law Journal and Intellectual Property Society, was named a Dean’s Scholar, and received the award for Best Brief at the 2018 Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition.
- Life Sciences
- Medical Devices
- Allison R. White, What Are NFTs? The Latest Blockchain Tech You Need to Know to Protect Your IP, The Legal Intelligencer (May 17, 2021), https://www.law.com/thelegalintelligencer/2021/05/17/what-are-nfts-the-latest-blockchain-tech-you-need-to-know-to-protect-your-ip/
- Allison R. White, Bridge Over Troubled Waters? Ninth Circuit Makes Waves Refusing to Narrow Clean Water Act in Hawaii Wildlife Fund v. County of Maui, 30 Envtl. L.J. 351 (2019)
Honors & Affiliations
- First Place 2020, Annual Writing Competition of the IP Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Awarded Best Brief at the 2018 Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition
- Named Dean’s Merit Scholar at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law
- Inducted into Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society for achievements in both the Sciences and Liberal Arts
- The Dawn of DOCX: Modernization Underway at the USPTO
- Inside the Recent USPTO Reforms: Heightened Requirements for Patentability, but Good News for Small Businesses
- What Are NFTs? The Latest Blockchain Tech You Need to Know to Protect Your IP
- Louboutin® is Red, and Tiffany® is Blue: How to Protect Your Business’s Signature Hue
- Preclusive Effect of ITC Determinations Presentation to PIPLA by Allison White
- Putting the ® in Rudolph (and Other Holiday Trademarks): Safeguarding your Seasonal Brands
- Allison White to be Featured Speaker on Trademarks and the International Trade Commission
- Use It or Lose It: Claim Construction and In re Google Tech Holdings LLC
- Allison White Awarded First Place in PA Bar Association Writing Competition