Our team includes litigators with experience in all areas of intellectual property litigation. Our litigators have championed our clients’ important trademark, patent, copyright and trade secret rights in courts across the country. Additionally, our litigators have extensive experience enforcing and defending against patents in the most active jurisdictions in the country, including the Eastern District of Texas, the District of Delaware, the District of New Jersey and the Northern District of California. Our litigators have practiced before Judges in each of these jurisdictions, becoming familiar with each court’s local rules and each Judge’s personal procedures. Our team has extensive experience practicing before the Patent Trials and Appeals Board, petitioning for the inter partes review of patents under the rules set forth in the America Invents Act of 2012. Our team practices before state courts, enforcing or defending against claims of trademark infringement and unfair competition.
Our firm has relationships with experts in the technological fields most frequently litigated, including software, computer systems, medical devices, pharmaceutical products and mechanical devices. Additionally, our firm has relationships with local counsel firms in the jurisdictions we do not currently practice. Our firm is capable of handling matters for Fortune 500 companies that involve full patent portfolios and large corporate defendants and our firm is experienced in assisting smaller clients secure financing to monetize their single patent. We are prepared to litigate in any jurisdiction, regardless of the technology at issue, and regardless of the size of the case.
While our firm is always prepared to litigate from initial pleadings through trial, we also understand that litigation is expensive and burdensome on our clients. Our firm is devoted to resolving our clients’ disputes early in the litigation process or prior to litigation entirely. Accordingly, our attorneys are skilled and certified in alternative dispute resolution and have settled thousands of intellectual property disputes. Additionally, our firm’s fee arrangements are flexible, and can be adapted to best serve our clients’ needs, including accepting cases on an hourly basis, on a fully contingent fee model or on a hybrid hourly/contingent fee agreement.
Some areas in which the Team has represented clients include:
- Architectural Products and Buildling Materials
- Consumer Products
- Literary works
- Mechanical devices
- Medical technology
- Musical works
- RFID technology
- Solar technology
- Trade secrets
Related Representative Matters
- Boehringer et al. v. InvaGen (10/25/18 D.NJ) represented generic in ANDA litigation successfully invalidating asserted patents covering Tradjenta® (linagliptin) and Jentadueto® (linagliption and metformin)
- Prepared memorandum on patent infringement damages for pharmaceutical client and assisted in decision which saved hundreds of millions of dollars
- Obtained jury verdict of $404,000 for client and defeated $216,000 counterclaim in action against consultant for failure to properly design computerized information system. Judgment was affirmed on appeal
- Schmidt v. Finish Line, Inc., 2000 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 6248 *; 2000 WL 565216 (E.D. Pa. 2000). Successfully represented plaintiff in trademark infringement case
- Tervis Tumbler Company, Inc. v. Coleman Company Inc. and Allied IMEX, Inc., 1:15-cv-660 (D.Del. 2014) Represented a consumer goods client before the District of Delaware, enforcing its design patent against multiple defendants, and reaching a favorable settlement on its behalf
- Represented regional bank in a trademark infringement matter concerning a competitor’s use of a confusingly similar name. Obtained a preliminary injunction and later a consent judgment of a permanent injunction on behalf of the bank. Alliance Bank vs. New Century Bank, Civil Action No. 10-2249
- Represented U.S. leading transportation solutions provider in a patent infringement matter involving various aspects of the E-ZPass™ electronic toll collection system, and obtained a favorable settlement on its behalf. Mark IV Industries Corp. vs. TransCore Holdings, Inc., Civil Action No. 3:10-cv-01775
- Successfully settled patent litigation relating to rock crushing equipment
- Successfully settled copyright infringement litigation relating to architectural plans and housing constructions
- Settled a computer software copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation suit before discovery was started